Thursday, February 12, 2009

By the numbers

I am going to preface this by saying my heart breaks for anyone who has struggled with infertility. Not that it matters but I fully support responsible IVF procedures.

We have all heard of the octo-mom. While I had thought she was irresponsible I was indifferent to her for the most part. She is a freak whose poor kids are going to suffer for her irresponsibility. But for some reason I am FURIOUS after reading this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090212/ap_on_re_us/octuplets . I guess maybe I needed to see the numbers broken down for me.

Some months we can't even make ends meet, why in the hell should I have to pay for this woman and her litters? I understand needing WIC, food stamps etc. But if you need assistance for 6 kids why would you knowingly implant 6 more? I can understand an oops baby. But an oops IVF? Ooops oh my goodness I just tripped and fell on your turkey baster?

No comments:

Post a Comment