Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Please excuse the following language

I have just had an example of Douchebaggery at it's finest. One of the few things your job entails is to make sure payroll is processed properly. Well thanks to Mr. Idiot accountant mine wasn't.

Back story - I work for the same company as my mom. Usually it is great because I can work from home and save money for day care. I can put in as many or as few hours as I want. Sweet deal all in all. HOWEVER twice this summer they forgot to take taxes, FICA, social security etc out of my check. Not a big thing. I held out about what the total would have be and put it into a savings account.

Well the idiot in the accounting office sent me the wrong forms. He filed my stuff with the IRS as if I was self employed for those two checks. And he sent me W2s. So now instead of my super easy 1040, I have to fill out two different forms and I don't think I can file online anymore. If any of you wonderful readers know anything about filing with 1099-misc forms let me know.

1 comment:

  1. Get TurboTax Home & Business Software, around $85, includes E-file fee. Works with Employee W2, Self-Employed, & Stock Trading- all at the same time. Love it! - BBC Lady