Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is a friend?

A friend is a person who you can count on. A person who treats you the way they wanted to be treated. I just realize the only people that do that for me are the people on the internet. I am just having a bad, bad day.

I thought I had a go to person in the F&B (you know like brick and mortar stores are b&M. Flesh and blood is F&B). Guess I don't. I never used to be this way. If someone gave me crap and had terrible double standards I would call them on it. But there is a person in my life that is doing that and I can't call her on it because she is my ONLY friend.

I want to just tell her how I feel but I can't I am terrified of being lonely. A friend of my mom's knows a bunch of stay at home moms at the new apartment complex. She says they are always open to new mommies. I went to summer camp with a bunch of these girls (they are a church group). I am clinging dearly to this move. It is my life line.

3 comments:

  1. I so wish we lived closer to each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too.

    Good luck meeting with new mommies! I had to call a friend on something (racism) last spring. She was my only real friend...and it sucked to lose her over that...but I simply couldn't do it anymore. It bothered me too much. I've spent a LOT of time and effort in trying to make new friends. I'm getting there. Still no one in my life I would call on the phone to celebrate an event, or call crying when I'm at the end of my rope. But I have made several mommy friends that we can have playdates with or have over for dinner...so that's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry sweetie, I wish we were closer. **sigh**

    ReplyDelete