Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I just don't get it.

I need to preface this post with: I am pretty liberal by nature. But I do have some conservative leanings. The war in Iraq is not one of them.

I do not support the war. Never have. But I do support our troops 1 million percent. My father is a Vietnam Vet, both my grandfathers are ex-military, and my husband is an ex-air man who is thinking of re-enlisting.

What I don't get is how some people can have such a hatred for our troops. It's not like the troops themselves say "Hey let's go invade a foreign country." They put their lives on the line for us every day. The troops are just doing their job. One they get relatively low pay for. They do this day in and day out so you can post the things that you did on a community forum I frequent. All of the people read this blog know which community I am talking about.

I am not naive I know such hatred exists. This war is already being compared to Vietnam because it has become a quagmire. Let's not treat our troops the same way they were treated after Vietnam.

To all the service men and women out there, we thank you and are proud of you. We want you to come home safely.

No comments:

Post a Comment