Thursday, January 7, 2010

Couch to 5 K

I am out of shape. I mean REALLY out of shape. I get winded walking up 2 flights of stairs.

Well I started Couch to 5 K on Monday. A quick explanation is this program trains you to run/jog a 5K in 9 weeks.

Well Monday my warm up was 2.5 miles an hour, my walk was 3.7 miles an hour and my run was 5.1 miles an hour. It was hard but I did it.

Yesterday I feel off the diet bandwagon hard. I ate like 4 Reese's Peanut butter cups (that is like 200 hundred calories right there and when you are on 1200 a day that is a big chunk of your calories). I really didn't want to go to the gym. I just didn't want to. It took me really dragging myself, but I went.

I thought about keeping my numbers the same as Monday, but then realized if I really wanted this to work I was going to need to kick it up.

So my warm-up was 3.7 miles an hour, my walk was 4.5 miles an hour and my run/jog was 5.5 miles an hour. Now the way this works is you run for 60 seconds then walk for 90 seconds. After the first set I was ok, the second set I was hurting, by the third set I thought I was going to die. But you know what I did it. I pushed myself through it. My legs were screaming by the end (note to self stretch better) but I did it.

I had a discouraging moment when two skinny stick girls were snickering at me. But you know what? My ass may be 3 times the size of theirs, but so are my boobs. So I think in the end I win.

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic job, Mary. Please try not to let other people bother you. You know what, you were at the gym trying to get your body healthy. You were not sitting at IHOP eating three breakfasts. Instead of snickering, they should have encouraged you for changing your life. It's not easy.

    ReplyDelete