Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Diet Starts Tomorrow

I wonder if it my subconscious that leaves the "T" off of diet?

Well I bought my Sketchers Shape-Ups on Thursday night. I wore them on Friday and OMG I felt the difference. My only complaint about them is you have to walk the way they recommend Which if you were in Marching Band in high school would not be hard to do. It is the heel roll to toe. You step down on your heel and roll forward to your toe. It is a little awkward at first but after a while you get used to it.

I am starting the "Flat Belly Diet" to kind of give me a jump start. It is a 32 day diet plan that starts you off with a four day "Anti-Bloat" plan. It is a 1200 calorie a day diet with meal plans that look like this:

Breakfast:

1 cup corn flakes
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 roasted or raw unsalted sunflower seeds
Glass of Sassy Water (stupid name)

Lunch
4 oz deli meat turkey (low sodium)
1 low fat string cheese
1 pint fresh grape tomatoes
Glass of Sassy water

Snack
1 cup frozen fruit (blueberry, peach, strawberry)
1 cup skim milk
1 TBSP flax seed oil

Dinner
1 cup cooked green beans
4 oz grilled tilapia
1/2 cup roasted red potatoes drizzled with olive oil
Glass of Sassy Water

(Sassy water is made the night before with 2 liters water, 1 cucumber, 1 lemon, 1 tsp freshly grated ginger, 12 mint leaves).

So that is what my meal plan looks like. It doesn't vary greatly from this pattern through the 4 days. I will miss milk and coffee. The coffee can come back after the initial "Anti-bloat" phase, but the milk will have to make sporadic appearances because, even skim milk is 80 calories for 8 oz, and when you are limited in calories you need to pick, do I want milk or more actual food.

Now starting Friday "real" food gets introduced back in, but depending on how well and how much weight I lose I may kick the 4 day and make it 8 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment