Thursday, January 14, 2010

Sabotage?

Well we went grocery shopping last night. Looking at our cart I was proud of myself. My plan for dinner last night changed. I was going to make Taco Salad. Well Big Man said he needed to run out and get something. I tell him I will start dinner when he gets back.

Well when he gets back I have no reason to start dinner. He comes home with MacDonalds....

Um what is he thinking?

"Well you have done so good on your diet that I thought you deserved a reward" Ok I can deal with this no big deal.... Until I see what he got me.

One of those Angus 1/3 pounders with a LARGE french fry and LARGE Dr. Pepper. Thinking about it now, I should have cut burger in half, and eaten about 1/4 of the fries and put the soda in the fridge for him later.

I eat the whole dang thing. Once I start I can't stop. I even realize about half way through I should stop but I just can't.

So this is a learning experience:

My body is finally recognizing proper eating cues. It is starting to develop a point where it knows to stop before becoming "stuffed". I just need to get my brain on board.

Oh well one day off the wagon won't kill me.

1 comment:

  1. It took Dave awhile before he'd stop getting or offering to get junk. He's good now. Even when I ask sometimes for something he talks me down. I have to yell at my mom sometimes too.

    Sabotage is exactly what we refer to this as in Weight Watchers. Just keep repeating to him that THAT is not helping and you appreciate that he's trying to do something nice but in fact it is not nice. Next time, the second he walks in the door with something like that, throw it right away. Toss water on it if you have to. The minute you let yourself think about it, you're done. You'll end up talking yourself into eating it. But if you can turn it into more of a reaction than a thought process, it will become easier to deal with.

    You'll never be 100% perfect. And someday, you'll be able to eat McDonalds (if you still want it) and be ok. But it's really early for you. You want to keep the forward momentum that all your hard work has brought you. Every Mcdonald's meal sets you back.

    You're doing a great job. If you want me to shut up, just say so and I'll mind my own business. I don't want to be a pain in the ass. I just want to encourage and motivate you because I *was* you.

    ReplyDelete