Friday, February 19, 2010

A New Page

I love to cook, and I love to bake. A good friend of mine says cooking is fun and baking is relaxing. I agree. I could lose myself in a kitchen all day.

I have decided I need a new hobby.

I am going to become a cake decorator. I made Banana's birthday cake and decorated it using the single star tip. Yes it took me like 3 hours to do it, but it was worth and SO relaxing. I loved it.

Well my parents have seen how excited I am about cake decorating. They are taking me to the local craft store to sign me up for the Wilton Course 1 tomorrow afternoon.

I have not been this excited about anything in a very long time.

Not only with cake decorating itself, but the designing of cakes. I got out my 60$ colored pencils and designed my first cake. The reason I point out the cost of these pencils is they have not seen the light of day since probably 2002.

Not only has the love of cake decorating surfaced. My love of drawing and art has resurfaced. Once again I have colors and images swirling in my head. My hands itch to put these creations on paper. I can't wait to wake up in the morning and draw these pictures.

I won awards in high school and college for my art work. Most colored pencil and pastel work. One water color won me a $300 prize.

I drug out my canvasses again and am contemplating investing in another water color set.

It is nice to feel like the old me. I have missed you.

(Dear Peaches and Alexis, I have designed the logo for our bakeshop btw)

1 comment:

  1. i wish I had that talent. Instead, I cross stitch and copy others beautiful designs with thread.

    ReplyDelete